Saturday 25 May 2013

Ban IPL, it Sponsors Terrorism



This is not just an eye catching headline, I put it up there since I honestly believe it to be true.
Most of us have been angered, disgusted, felt cheated (and I can go on on the emotions) etc with the news of the latest betting racket. However, unless you (and me) stop watching the IPL (Indian Punters league) there is no scope for a positive impact on Indian cricket and possibly other sports in India.

Courtesy: www.liveindia.com
It may be a radical view but in my opinion people involved in betting and IPL are sponsoring terrorism and need to be dealt with in the strongest terms. After all where do you think Dawood and his gang (the main beneficiaries of betting) are investing their money? They finance the ISI and terrorist groups for assistance and protection.... (Obviously you've forgotten their role in the 1993 Mumbai blasts.)


Just remember the next time you watch an IPL match (or the India team play a cricket match) you are probably financing a plot to take out someone dear to you.... Unless obviously the world turns around and we are able to ensure transparency in Indian cricket. Don't dismiss this as a rant from a cricket hater, I'm a religious follower.... if you still don't believe me just ask my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment